1

Title: 1

The White House, Washington

Good morning,

1 -- in every six dollars in the U.S. economy is spent on health care today.1

If we do nothing, in 30 years, 1 out of every three dollars in our economy will be tied up in the health care system.2

Skyrocketing health care costs aren't just crippling the U.S. economy -- they're emptying the pocketbooks of American families.  If we do not enact health insurance reform, individual and family spending on premiums and out-of-pocket health care costs could increase 79 percent in just 10 years.3

Bottom line: the cost of doing nothing is too high.  The time is now to reform our broken health care system.

Learn More

1 is just the latest number in 'Health Reform by the Numbers,' our online campaign to raise awareness about why we just can't wait any longer for health insurance reform.  Help spread the word by forwarding this message to your friends, family and online networks.

Let's get it done.

Sincerely,

Nancy-Ann DeParle
Director, White House Office of Health Reform

1 Department of Health and Human Services, National Health Expenditure Data
2 Congressional Budget Office, The Long-Term Budget Outlook, June 2009
3 Robert Wood Johnson and Urban Institute, The Failure to Enact Health Reform: 2010-2020

Visit WhiteHouse.gov