Re: TV Out question

On Fri, Nov 4, 2022 at 12:56 PM Lukas Satin <luke.satin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, sorry fo the typos. Wanted to catch you before the weekend, to get some hints for upcoming work.
>
> I'm back at PC.
>
> Does your driver support switching to 240p in NTSC and 288p in PAL on the go via xrandr, for example?
>
> If not, can I find some relevant part of code in your repository where to implement that?

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm/tree/drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/dispnv04/tvnv17.c
+ tvmodesnv17.c

There's definitely a lot of hard-coding going on. A lot of the
pre-nv50 display code is from This code is (likely) originally from
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-nv/tree/src but I
can't immediately find the TV code in there. But perhaps it's there
anyways, I only spent about 30s looking for it.

I don't remember by now, but there _might_ be a kms property (which
should get piped through to xrandr properties) which allows you to
change this live?

> Some info I found regarding 240p and that it is a part of NTSC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-definition_television
>
> TV with S-Video mostly supports 480i and 240p as well. So the current issue is outputting that via TV out.
>
> My current configuration looks like this:
> TV-1 connected 240x224+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
>    720x480       59.94 +
>    1024x768      59.94
>    800x600       59.94
>    720x576       59.94
>    640x480       59.94
>    400x300       59.94
>    320x240       59.93
>    320x200       59.94
>    768x576       50.00
>    360x200       60.00
>    360x240       60.00
>    640x240       60.00
>    SR-1_240x224@60.10  60.10*
>
> I see I have created 240x224 (I need to fix that), but even 320x240 does not work. It always stays at 480i.

Did you try 360x240? I have no idea though, sorry. I was just happy
when the S-Video worked at all. It could require further modifications
to how we configure those registers.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]