NNTPCache and SSH Port-Forwarding

Hi,

I've set up NNTPCache on my home box so I can read/post in newsgroups while
at work.  In order to get through the company firewall I've set up sshd on
port 443 and am connecting via the company proxy.  I then use local
port-forwarding for port 119 to connect to NNTPCache on the remote box.

Everything works perfectly until I want to post.  The NNTPCache logs don't
even register the fact that I've sent an item, yet the news client (Mozilla
1.2) reports no errors.  I can browse any newsgroup on all of the public
servers I've tried, read threads, download attachments, etc.

If I connect directly to NNTPCache while on my home network, without using
SSH port forwarding, I can post with no problems.

Has anybody else tried this configuration, or something similar?

Regards,
Scott

This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is unauthorised and prohibited.  If you have received this document in error, please delete the email and notify me by return email or by phoning the NEMMCO Helpdesk on 1300 300 295.