[NNTPCACHE] NNTPCache-2.4.0b5 - Not seeing much caching going on?!

G'day,

I've been testing some news-server talking software, and have come
to the conclusion that our server (only used by a few people) is
not actually caching articles much.

For example, I noticed that after reading the entire content
of news:alt.binaries.fonts (about 90 postings), only two articles
were actually still in the cache area a few minutes later, and the
size of the whole cache area for the upstream server is only about
1.7MB for about 12 groups.

I did have maxArtAge set to "4w", but have since changed this.
Is 'w' a valid postfix for numbers ?

We sit behind an exceedingly slow link to our upstream news server, and the
local server in question is a dedicated (old) box.  I'd like to see it only
ever expire an article when it runs out of space.  Last check it
had 350M to play with.

Here's (AFAIK) the relevant bits from the config.

anonMmap yes
minFilesFreePercent 30
minBlocksFreePercent 30
hisHighWater 220M