NNTPC: Newbie question

Hi.

I am just looking into the possibility of using nntpcache as a proxy.

I want to use MS Exchange as a news server for my company but it can't
access one of the news servers that will feed us in PULL mode because the
server won't allow NewNews commands.

Does nntpcache avoid the use of these commands or will it have the same
problem?

Also the server needs a username and password to access it - where do I put
these in the nntpcache config files?

TIA

Alan.

This e-mail, (and any attachments) is confidential and may
be privileged.  It may be read, copied and used by the
intended addressee only.  If you have received this in error
please contact BDP immediately.

If the text and any attachments are introduced into your IT
system as data, BDP can take no responsibility for their
accuracy.  We advise you to use these data with due caution
and rely instead on the last set of formally issued paper
information.  Any electronic data are supplementary to the
formally issued paper information and are supplied to assist
in co-ordinating your work.

If you have any queries, please contact the sender.

Registered address:
Building Design Partnership
Registered No: 2207415 England
Sunlight House