Re: NNTPC: NNTPCACHE, and expire

The only thing i've been able to do is delete pretty much everything and
let it build up again (which it does in about 2 days),

but it's a right pain..

At 11:23 AM 12/30/97 +1100, you wrote:

>	Ditto, solaris 2.6 (x86) seems to do same thing. It didnt expire at all
>and filled the hard drive. However once I drop the expire time down to 3-4
days
>it had an impact running it manually.
>
>        When the disk is getting full, does it run expire and only expire if
>the articles are over the age set in the config file, or does it expire the
>oldest articles until there is a certain amount of disk space left. I
would think
>it would be more logical to expire old articles back to a setting set in the
>config file (.e.g. expire until 20 meg free) even if it is under the expire
>age.
>
>	Thinking off the top of my head, what about a high water and low water
>mark for the cache. When it hits the high water mark maybe it just proxies
>and doesnt cache anything until it hits the low water mark. Im just thinking
>if it expires until X Meg is free, it could just sit there continually
expiring
>as nntpcache continues to cache new stuff.
>
>	If any of the above rambling makes sense I would be suprised.
>
>Ben Doyle
>Hutchison Telecoms.
>

>> I have the same problem - when I run nntpcache -e it segfaults and dumps
>> core. It also doesnt seem to expire correctly, as it fills the hard disk
>> in my news server and then causes problems.
>>
>> This is Linux 2.0.32 with nntpcache 1.0.7.1
>>
>> regards
>>

>> Gary Allpike
>> Q-Net Australia

| Daniel R. Eddy        |  Dial-UP, ISDN.            | (02) 9436 1889 (P) |
| System Administrator  |  Web Site Hosting/Design   | (03) 9419 3011 (P) |
| Internet Co-Ordinator |  Secure Web Server         | (02) 9906 4620 (F) |
|             "I understand your concerns.  Request denied." - Data       |