Re: NNTPC: NNTPCACHE, and expire

	Ditto, solaris 2.6 (x86) seems to do same thing. It didnt expire at all
and filled the hard drive. However once I drop the expire time down to 3-4 days
it had an impact running it manually.

        When the disk is getting full, does it run expire and only expire if
the articles are over the age set in the config file, or does it expire the
oldest articles until there is a certain amount of disk space left. I would think
it would be more logical to expire old articles back to a setting set in the
config file (.e.g. expire until 20 meg free) even if it is under the expire
age.

	Thinking off the top of my head, what about a high water and low water
mark for the cache. When it hits the high water mark maybe it just proxies
and doesnt cache anything until it hits the low water mark. Im just thinking
if it expires until X Meg is free, it could just sit there continually expiring
as nntpcache continues to cache new stuff.

	If any of the above rambling makes sense I would be suprised.

Ben Doyle
Hutchison Telecoms.