New Groups

I'm currently trying NNTPCACHE, and so far it looks ok but I still have
some questions that were not answered in the docs.

1) How do I tell nntpcache to reload the access/server file?  a kill
-HUP didn't seem to work.

2) I never seem to get any "New Groups" in my netscape news reader.
Even when I know for a fact a whole tree of groups has been added.  The
only way to see the new groups is to reload the list of groups.  Is the
"New groups" list normally generated by the news server or news reader?

Regards,

Pat