Re: NNTPC: patches in nntpcache-1.0.7.1.patchy

Finally back from 2 weeks working in the Cook Islands and able to deal with
mail more easily...

At 08:39 20/11/97 -0800, Aaron Nabil wrote:

>Here's what I've put into nntpcache-1.0.7.1.patchy, with the exceptions
>noted it's identical to what I'm running here.  Is there anything else
>I should put in?

The ihave patch should be mandatory.

With nntpcached's current ihave brokenness, it doesn't matter much, however
once that's fixed, any bozo who wants to and has post access to a nntpcache
server will be able to forge articles and paths via ihave.

Needless to say, that's going to lead very quickly to nntpcached being
added to the spam-friendly blacklists.

>NOT APPLIED - - -
>
>825	proff ihave flag for config, untested

The patches proff posted wouldn't compile into my system as originally
posted. Now I have some time, I'll see if they'll work against patchy.

>Personal changes never released...

Are these rolled into patchy?

AB