Re: NNTPC: problem with nntpcache on linux

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997 proff@suburbia.net wrote:

> > Hello,
> > in installed nntpcache on linux, kernel 2.0.30, libc5.4.23, and it still
> > rejects any 'list' and 'group' commands for machines, even when I tried to
> > turn list/group security off and allowed connectrions from everywhere.
> > i still did connect but list given nothing (empty) and every 'group' command
> > said no such group. But logs (debug - all) seems it has everything it needs
> > to work (active&newsgroups etc)
> >
> > can anybody help ? maybe turn off more debugging ? or have I upgrade
> > something ?
> > thanks
> > --
> > NAPRI news admin, NAPRI Kosice, Slovakia
> >

> Your `servers' probably isn't written correctly. Lets see it :)

You betcha. This should be a FAQ. Remember those trailing dots in the
servers file.

E.g.

some.news.host. DEFAULT 10m 24h 24h 10m 0m 0m

              ^

Tor.

(I think I was faffing around with that one for two weeks, in the end
going back to the 0.88UL version, before some guy at work mentioned, "um -
have you remembered the trailing full stops?" Grr! :)