Re: NNTPC: rebuilding history

At 12:24 13/11/97 +1100, Julian Assange wrote:

>The -h flag was added by Herbert Xu. That's my excuse anyway :) Do you think
>-h is totally foobar'd, or your cache is currupted (and so -h is choking on
>it)?

It gives the error I first described if the cache history files are there.

If they're not in place, a new (empty) cache history and database is
created (and creation is logged), then nntpcached immediately exits.

Running it again repeats the initial SIGSEGV

Stracing shows that if the histories aren't there, an error is generated as
nntpcached reads the first article in the cache spool, the histories are
created, then it exits.

If they are there, nntpcached segfaults at the first dbz call.

System is 64Mb i486dx2/66 running Linux (slackware 3.3 with 3.4 overlaid).

I've recompiled nntpcached using gcc 2.7.2.3 with no change.

AB