Question

I am anticipating installing nntpcache on my system in the next two weeks.
Before I commit to it, I have some questions. Others that have used the
software might be able to help me.

THe installation of nntpcache would be part of an overall news upgrade at
this site. I am running cnews with a UUCP feed. I now have access to an NNTP
feed and would like to incorporate it. Nntpcache seems to be a good idea for
my site since the NNTP source is fairly complete and my disk space is
limited.

My question is this:

Can I make NNTP my main feed to my existing news spool, have readers connect
to NNTP cache yet still retain my cnews for the UUCP feed that contains some
local groups that are unavailable from my NNTP feed.

Logic tells me that the thing to do is switch to inn but I really do not
want to do that at this point in time. Nntpcache's method of obtaining only
what is requested strikes me as efficient and economical. Can it still
access my local news in my regular spool?

Have cnews and nntpcache coexisted peacefully on anyone's system?

--
George Bonser -- grep@cris.com
Member: South Bay / Silicon Valley Network