NNTPC: NNTPCACHE keeps growing

> On Tue, 25 Mar 1997 proff@suburbia.net wrote:
>
> > The important point that isn't made clear here is that expire runs
> > only occur when minBlocksFree or minFilesFree are not satisfied. i.e
> > the cache will happily grow until the disk starts filling up.
>
> Does nntpcached still honor the -e switch to force an expire function?
>
> Do we use the nntpcached -e command with nntpcached already running in the
> background, or just by itself?
>
> Ken Eves
> cyberw4@cyberworldcafe.com

You can force an expire by sending nntpcached a SIGUSR2 i.e

	kill -USR2 pid

In case you are wondering what SIGUSR1 does:

	kill -USR1 pid

Will force an active/activetimes/newsgroups update.

Cheers,
Julian.

--
Prof. Julian Assange  |If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people
proff@suburbia.net    |and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless
proff@gnu.ai.mit.edu  |immensity of the sea. -- Antoine de Saint Exupery