NNTPC: nntpcached

The domain "nntpcache.org" doesn't resolve, so out of desparation I am
contacting you about nntpcache.

I am attempting to run nntpcache v1.0.5 on FreeBSD v2.1.5R with some
interesting results. I have a small INN server that only handles local
newsgroups and my old ISP allows our domain to point our nntp clients at
their INN server for the other (~15,000) newsgroups that are non-local.

I can get nntpcache to work with either server, but when I attempt to
connect to both of them, only one will work. The order they are listed in
the "servers" file seems to determine which one works. Attempting to
retreive group lists from the non-working server results in a:

	411 No such group

I would very much like to integrate my local groups with the ISP's server
to make it look like one big server, but I am thwarted. A congested
Internet link may be contributing to these problems.

Nntpcache would be a godsend to our site, as we have only a 56Kbps
connection to the Internet for our entire domain. No way can we take any
sizeable newsfeed under the present setup.

If you are willing to help, I can send my "config" and "servers" file
along.

Forgive me if this is an intrusion; please help me if you can.

| John Lucas                          jlucas@uvi.edu                 |
| Information Technology              NIC Handle: JL423              |
| University of the Virgin Islands    (809) 693-1216                 |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://www.uvi.edu/jlucas.html |