NNTPC: overview.fmt & Xref:full

Herbert Xu writes:
>Duncan Sinclair wrote:
>>
>> How do I specify the "Xref:full" part in the "overviewFmt" line in
>> the config file?
>
>You shouldn't have to specify the overviewFmt thing if the remote server
>supports list overview.fmt.

Right, but nntpc will only store and provide the overview info that
you specify in the "overviewFmt" config.  I want the xref info.

>But if you insist, just 'Xref' will do.

Will nntpc know to put in the full "Xref: " before the header, complete
with a correct node name?  Also, for newsreaders looking for it, will
nntpc put "Xref:full" in its "list overview.fmt"?

A quick grep over the source suggests that nntpc doesn't recognise "full"
and so won't handle it differently.  It also seems that it has no way
to store and output the "full" part of the overview.fmt info.

The only comment I can find in the source is that nntpcache does not
handle crossposted xovers for disk performance reasons - I don't understand
this.  Can't it just treat xref info like other xover data (modulo the
changes required for consistency)?  I'm not expecting it to record the
xover data for the article in the other groups, which is what, I think,
the commented out function appears to be doing.

Or does adding "Xref" do all this, and I'm mistaken?  (quite possible.)

Thanks for any input,

Duncan.