NNTPC: Clients disconnecting prematurely.

> I also sometimes get this message -- not always.  I also get some other
> seemingly off-the-track log entries -- i.e. I can't logically link the
> error message (like Illegal seek/No child proc/No such file) with the

This is because the last errno (whatever it was) is expanded in the message.
That errno might be from quite some time before, and indeed may not have
any logical connection.

> While I am at it, a couple of questions:
> 1) why nntpcache-update takes so much time for update? Does it reloads a
> full LIST ACTIVE every time?

active, newsgroups and active.times

> 2) is setproctitle stuff supposed to work in 1.0.3? I do not see anything
> special in 'ps ax'

Does under FreeBSD, I haven't tested this on other systems.

> 3) I have a sneaky feeling that it does not show me all the new groups when
> newsreader checks them. Might it indeed be so?

nntpcache will occasionaly filter out some groups that it 'thinks' are
dysfunctional in some manner.

Cheers,
Julian