NNTPC: Newbie requests help

Adam,

Thanks for the response - it will be of great help.  I run Debian myself
but I get out of my depth very quickly with anything that does not come in
a .deb file.

If anyone could dig up a copy of keep-alive it would help.  At the moment
I am starting nntpcache via a script in /etc/init.d.  Is this the way to
ok or should I swap to inittab?

I looked at the suck get-news but there is no way that I can patch it to
run with nntpcache.  Still open to ideas here.

Just for the record I changed to 1.0.3 and it would not start until I
zapped the old cache.  There were entries in the log about
Bad file number: couldn't prune history (second fgets()).

This is all on behalf of a school that is connected via a 28k modem.

Thanks,
Lindsay