NNTPC: Newbie requests help

>I assume that I need to add the Xref: to the format - do I include the
>"full" as well?  Do I put each field on its own line?

Do not include the "full" (or the colons) and list them all on one line.

>Q2.
>I want to prime the cache with a few chosen groups during the night.  (The
>link is a 28k modem.)  Something like suck.  Is there such a beast?

There was a perl script floating around a while ago that someone said would
do that for testing purposes.  Also why not use suck?

>Q4
>Is this a stable product?  I have seen several patches suggested during
>the last week and they do not seem to be addressed in 1.0.2.

I've been using it for about 6 months and it's worked well for us.  We have
had problems with it dying unexplainable but I put a simple entry into the
/etc/inittab file like:

nn:2345:respawn:/usr/local/bin/keep-alive.pl

with the script keep-alive.pl provide by someone on this list and it works
great.  If it does ever die it automatically restarts.  Worst case the
server is down for a couple of minutes as it sorts its self out.

It also hasn't died since I upgraded to 1.0.2 though it's has only been a
few days.

This is on debian linux running kernel 2.0.21

Adam.