0.87.9 Bugs

Hi,

I have several problems with nntpcache 0.87.9 .  All the followings
assume tin 1.2PL2 as newsreader.

Bug Reports:

1. Entering the group "nntpcache.stats", tin complains
   "Bad Record Overview (Msg-id) '{newline}'".  Naturally, I can't
   view the stats article in tin either.
   I think this didn't happen with previous 0.87.4-8 .

2. If one reads an article in a cached newsgroup or does a catchup -
   mark all articles as read, leaves the newsgroup, then reenters,
   those articles become unread again.  With an uncached newsgroup
   this problem still happens, but much less frequent.
   This problem has existed in previous versions as well.

3. kill -SIGHUP {nntpcached} makes the daemon no longer responds.
   I've reported this problem in the past...

4. In nntpcache.access, I put a "-" to forbid access to a set of
   newsgroups.  The result is that tin still shows those newsgroups
   as available, although those newsgroups become empty.

Success Reports:

These problems I've reported in the past (for 0.87.4-8) no
longer occurs to me with 0.87.9 -

1. POST leads subsequent GROUP to fail.

2. From: shown as subject, timestamp shown as author

Wish-list:

1. To have separate control of read/post rights to newsgroups
   on a per-group per-basis.  I need this feature very very much.

NNTPCache is a nice piece of work.  Keep it up.

Best Regards,
Peter Wai-Kwok Lie