problem with overviews (fwd)

I sent this originally on the second, but I don't think it when through.
Please ignore, or better yet reply, if I'm resending.

-------
The newserver I get my news from, dnntp 0.9l, doesn't like the
list overview.fmt command, but it does support the xover command.
When I issue a xover command to nntpcache it responds with
430 no overview.fmt for this server

except it doesn't put a newline at the end, which is bad, isn't it?
Anyway, how adding a default overview format somewhere?
-------

Since then I tried running having nntpcache get its feed from another server
which did do list overview.fmt.  trn worked much better, for reading.  But
posting doesn't work.  If I post with telent, that works.  When trn posts
it runs Pnews.  Pnews then runs some article check program as soon as you
are done editing you message but before it actually posts it.  This program
is hanging somehow.

|Gazing up to the breeze of the heavens \ on a quest, meaning, reason  |
|came to be, how it begun \ all alone in the family of the sun         |
|curiosity teasing everyone \ on our home, third stone from the sun.   |
|Trent Piepho (xyzzy@u.washington.edu)                   -- Metallica  |