NNTPC: One 'memory currupt' fixed + caching question

sthaug@nethelp.no wrote:
> Of course the string is not static. I just don't understand how it can
> be correct to free the string returned from hisGetDbz() in DoIPC(), as
> long as the (static) pointer to the same string in DoIPC() isn't set
> to 0. Next time around in DoIPC(), you'll free a block of memory which
> has already been freed.

Sorry, you're right of course.

> > Seems to be a sign of history "corruption".  I'll look into it.
>
> Is there a good way of removing *one* article from the cache? Say I want
> to force a reload of this article from the upstream server the next time
> it is accessed.

You can simply remove the file that contains the article.  There's currently
no support of refreshing the cache by the user.

--
Debian GNU/Linux 1.2 is out! { http://www.debian.org/ }
Email:  Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@greathan.apana.org.au>