Re: NNTPC: Multiple connections to the upstream server

> > 	Now with 1.0 it seems I can't connect to the server and read news.
> > It appears the nntpcache is attempting to make multiple connections to the
> > ISPs server, which is not allowed, and thus the connections are refused.
> > Is there something I can set or change to make nntpcache work through a single
>
> What kind of ISP does this?! Have you confirmed by two concurrent
> telnets to the isp's nntp port? Can you get the ISP to change their policy?

	Most large ISPs do for their corporate accounts.  It was only
intended to feed a nntp server in our local sub domain.  Since the same
machine serves a lot different corporate sites they (PSI) want to reduce the
load by transfering the local handling of news to the customer.  It makes
sense, and nntpcache .88 did just that for us, with some minor problems
that were getting annoying.

	73,
		Shawn