printf with long strings (nntpcache-1.0)

We're running nntpcache-1.0 under Sunos-4.1.3.  I've noticed that the
paths in /var/spool/nntpcache/cache.history here are truncated at 47
characters.  The reason, I suspect, is that the following code modules

	article.c
	group.c
	history.c
	nntpcache.c
	xpath.c

contain printf or sprintf statements with string fields longer than
127 characters.  At least for Sunos-4.1.x, the printf man page warns:
`Very wide fields (>128 characters) fail.'

We've noticed no problems in use, but we may not have exercised the
cache sufficiently.  Should I rebuild nntpcache with the long string
field specifications shortened to 127 characters?  If I do, is there a
way to salvage the current cache?  Thanks,

--

   Ronald Florence		Maple Lawn Farm, Stonington, CT
   ron@mlfarm.com		http://www.connix.com/~mlfarm