RE: NNTPC: Feature request: stdout instead of syslog

man newsyslog

there's no need for another program to mess with log files.
and why is nntpcached unexpectedly dying on you?
I'd be looking to solve the problem instead of having another program
restart it for you if it breaks.  There's no reason nntpcache should
just stop working for no reason, ours has been up non-stop since it was
installed with no issues.

Adam Montague
Systems Administrator
amontague@WorldWithoutWire.com