nntpcache question.

Hi,

I am running nntpcache experimentally on my home LINUX PC.
There is a debian package for nntpcache and I installed it.
I also have the latest 2.4.0.b5 source code on my PC.

I have a question.
Is there anyone trying to add nntp extension to
nntpcache?

The case in point. Xpat command.

I have begun trying netscape 6.1pr1 and Mozilla 0.9.1.
I have found that the search function of the
newsreaders of these browsers
invokes Xpat command
if I ask the newsreader to look for articles
with subject  that matches say, "Linux", then
the nntp extension command Xpat is issued
    Xpat - [Ll][Ii][Nn][Uu][Xx]

Eh, I  forgot the syntax now, but you get the idea.
Instead of looking through subject lines
LOCALLY, now the newsreader is asking the
server side to look for the pattern matches!
(Shade of IMAP function?)

NNTPcache barks that unrecognized command was seen.

With the older netscape 4.7x , I found
that I could force the netscape to try only the LOCAL
match using the cache/subject lines that netscape knows.
So I didn't have this problem with Xpat.

Now I am thinking of adding this Xpat feature since
netscape 6.1pr1 or Mozilla 0.9.1 may become
the browser of the future when they go through the
last testing phase. (Both still need polishing.)

I figured out where the command recognition is done.
But I am at a loss about the internal data structure and such
at this moment.
This is why I posed the initial question regarding
whether someoe else is trying to extend nntpcache
to support NNTP extension command such as Xpat.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Happy Hacking

Chiaki