getting started

i'm working on setting up an nntpcache server on our network.  i thought
i had everything set up correctly, and i can receive a list of available
newsgroups from my server.  however, when i try to subscribe to a group,
i receive an error stating that the group is not available from my
server.  i know this is probably an easy one for some, but i'm kind of a
dummy when it comes to usenet.  any advice on this would be much
appreciated.

thanks,

ron