Re: NNTPC: redundant server config?

ljason <ljason@fragment.com> writes:

> On Tue, 29 May 2001, Jaime G. Ghirelli wrote:
>
> > is it possible to configure nntpcached.servers to get messages from a
> > primary and a secondary server ?

Not if they use different article numbering.

> I'm wondering exactly the same thing.  It's probably what many folks are
> looking for when they install nntpcache in the first place.
> Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling that INNd + "suck" may be the only way
> to achieve this, but I haven't looked into it extensively.

The problem is that this not only requires nntpcache to have
incompatible article numbering, but requires aggressive scanning of
the groups in questions to generate consistent article numbers.

--
 Julian Assange        |If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people
 proff@iq.org          |work, but rather teach them to long for the endless
 proff@gnu.ai.mit.edu  |immensity of the sea. -- Antoine de Saint Exupery