Re: NNTPC: Bad file descriptor

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Thomas Hurst wrote:

> May 29 17:38:11 eon nntpcache-client[1612]: xover.c:727:Operation not
> permitted: unable to open/create/fstat
> 'news.clara.net/.../1630208_xover'

> Operation not permitted?  Am I missing something? :)

yep, I see that relatively often and can't figure it out...I'm pretty sure
it happens when a particular newsgroup's directory used to be there, but
has now vanished for some reason.  when it happens, I just manually create
the dir, chown to news/news, and all is well.

of course, the important question is: why would nntpc delete a newsgroup's
directory in the first place?

also - if you do set up a web frontend, pls remember to despammify, or
just eliminate, our email addresses...thanks...

-ljason