Re: NNTPC: New User Installation question

Hi

don't edit that file, instead try: configure --help
to see which options you need to give to: configure

over here we changed: prefix, localstatdir, sysconfdir and mandir

which worked for us

Cheers Pieter

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 David.Smith@esa.int wrote:

> Folks,
>
>  When I build nntpcache, how do I make it take the values for installation
> from the cf/nnconf.cf file? I've edited that file to put everything under
> my nntpcache user's home directory, but when I type "make install" it just
> goes ahead as splatters everything across the system file area
> (/usr/local/etc, /usr/local/var and so on).
>
> This is the fourth time I've tried the build, with the same result every
> time, so I have not a small amount of smoke coming out of my ears.
>
> I'm running under Solaris 8 on a Sparc Ultra5, if it makes any difference.
>

> This is my first experiment with NNTPCache, so forgive me if I'm doing
> something obviously wrong. I'm just following the instructions in the
> INSTALL document that came with the package. This is nntpcache-2.3.3, by
> the way.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave Smith

Groetjes Pieter

You have the right to remain silent. Everything you say will be misquoted,
then used against you.