Re: NNTPC: clients hang on reset-list operation?

Julian Assange [proff@iq.org] wrote:
> > Since switching to the new provider, when?clients attempt to reset/refresh
> > their list of available groups, they get all the way through the list (84,377
> > groups), and then hang.
>
> Try increasing the idle timeout in nntpcache.config

Actually, I think it would make sense to have two different timeouts,
one for lack of activity (just waiting for command) and another one
for *each* send (perhaps in CFemit?).  At the moment there is a timeout
for the duration of each command's execution which is the same one used
for when a client is waiting to enter a command which I'm not sure is in
anyone's interest.  Whilst I thought about which was the best way to go, I
simply changed the timeout in client_command() to 3600 rather than idle
which doesn't seem to have adversely affected the server.

BTW.  Is anyone interested in some patches I have made for posting directly
to a news peer using IHAVE and also some small fixes to the radius and
libradius code in 2.4b5?

Faye

--
Faye Pearson,
Software Development Manager,

Your life would be very empty if you had nothing to regret.