Re: NNTPC: netscape 3.0 problems

At 19:21 26/09/96 +1000, you wrote:

>This is strange, I haven't had problems with any of the recent
>nntpcache's crashing netscape. Anyone else?

We could break NetScrape 3.x betas (Win 95) by doing a 'show all newsgroups'
and standing back.

The Solaris version behaved itself, so I assumed a broken OS. (Not entirely
unlikely w/Microsoft products...)

nntpcache does seem to break Attachmate Emissary, though. If you do a
'listgroup *' nntpcache 0.88 [Yeah, I know. Upgrade to a more recent
version.. :)] sits there bog-eyed.

However, since NetScrape, (Free)Agent, MS Newsreader and WinVN all work
merrily enough, I'm about as bothered as a not very bothered thing.

--
John Hawkes-Reed. Net.goth of sorts. Allegedly.