Re: NNTPC: binding problem in version: 2.4-b5

On 21 Sep 2000 13:31:41 +0200, Peter Jensen <JensenP@vertis.nl> wrote:

> I just installed nntpcache 2.4-b5 cause the older version i was running had
> SEGV errors, and that should have been fixed with 2.4-b5. Now i got the
> problem that this version wont LISTEN, in the Changelog it states that that
> this was a bug in 2.4-b4 and should be fixed in this version. But it doesnt
> seemt that way. Anyone else experianced this problem also, or someone that
> can help me with this problem.

I've had this all the way back to beta3. Can't get betas 3, 4, and 5
to bind to port 119. Binding to port 9119 (web interface) is no
problem. This is on FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE. Connections to the master
server(s) are made, active files are retrieved and parsed, nntpcached
shows up in the process list, but port 119 cannot be opened, and
netstat doesn't show it either. As soon as I switch back to beta2, all
goes well.

--
- Ben C. O. Grimm ----------------- Ben.Grimm@wirehub.net -
- Wirehub! Internet Engineering - http://www.wirehub.net/ -