Re: NNTPC: NNTPCache and groups

> I would like to get NNTPCache to fetch certain groups
> every  hour  or so
>
> Is this possible?
>

> Brian Moga
> bmoga@junkyard.net

I use the "newshound" program that comes with nntpcache. I run this from
cron every hour:

  newshound -f -d 3 > newshound.log 2>&1

This will fetch all new articles for the groups listed in the "hound.list"
file. The "-d 3" just sets the level of debug information that gets generated.

I create the initial "hound.list" file with the names of the groups that
I want to fetch. For example:

server1/rec.sport.volleyball 1582
server2/rec.video 3367

The number following the group is the highest article number that has been
fetched so far. Start this with the lowest article number in the group and
from then on, newshound will update this number when it runs.

Bruce

   Bruce Hauge
   AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES             EMAIL: bruce_hauge@agilent.com
   Imaging Electronics Division     PHONE: (541) 738-3675
   1000 NE Circle Blvd., MS: 133A   FAX: (541) 738-3930
   Corvallis, OR  97330