Re: NNTPC: Obtaining stats from NNTPCache

On 19/07/00 at 15:02:45 +1000, Julian Assange spoke thus :

Julian,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

> > As such, I am looking for a means of presenting to management the
> > savings of using NNTPcache vs our customers reading news directly from the
> > reader box.
>
> The nntpcache web-port displays all sorts of stats. Unfortunately what it
> doesn't show you is user *time* saved, which usually quite significant.

This is very true and is of course important from the users point of view.
However, management is interested in such stats as "The cache saved us
xMb in traffic".

My question is how do I determine 'x' ? Sorry for asking the obvious, but
I need the business case to support the licensing of nntpcache.

Thanks.

Regards,

Andrew Kemp