nntpcache choking system

Hi,

I have been running an older version of nntpcache (1.7?).

I upgraded my hardware to a p550. It has 192mb ram. I am running Linux
2.2.14, with squid and apache

I upgraded to nntpcache 2.3.3 recently and it starting choking my
system. Whereas in 3 years I had never had my system use any swap space
at all, it now regularly uses 75 - 90% of the swap file, and is
continually using CPU making the system noticable slow almost all the
time.

I've since added another 128mb of RAM just to try and speed things up a
little (not so much for the nntpcache issue).

I notice that the new version supports "nocem"?? which appears to be
configured and running - could this be causing the choking?

What else could make nntpcache use CPU all the time?

Any help pwould be greatly appreciated.

--
Cheers,

Phillip

Get paid to surf the web. Join for FREE
  https://www.alladvantage.com/joinsecure.asp?refid=cxi120
Join for FREE and make money
  http://www.wackyware.com/partner/register.cfm?sponsor=11564
Join for FREE and make money just for surfing the net!
  http://www.desktopdollars.com/default.asp?id=pjm@netbiz.net.au