Re: NNTPC: wide spread y2k lossage

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Jeff Almeida wrote:

> (Qwest) that runs Breeze.  The most common error we get in Netscape is an
> alert box with the message
>
> Error!  News server responded: yymmdd hhmmss ["GMT"] [<distributions>]

I've had one user report that problem too. The lazy sod posted a screen
capture into our trouble reporting system because he couldn't cut and
paste the error message :-)

Presumably we can change the error trapping code to give us more direct
evidence of the exact problem...

Charlie Brady
Aurema Pty Ltd
 PO Box 305, Strawberry Hills, NSW 2012, Australia
Email:charlieb@aurema.com, Tel: +61 2 9698 2322, Fax: +61 2 9699 9174
  "I think it would be a good idea." Ghandi, on Western Civilisation.