Re: NNTPC: RE: Can nntpcache server act as upstream news server?

On Wed, 05 Jan 2000 12:35:21 -0800, SL Chan <slechan@lynx.bc.ca>
wrote:

>"An error response was received to a newnews command from server Newsfeed
>news.xxx.xxx (SUN01). The response code was 502.  The pull feed connection
>has been terminated. "

Some news servers won't accept newnews. I guess that includes server
Newsfeed news.xxx.xxx (SUN01).

Don't ask me, what newnews is. It seems to be an alternative news
protocol, which adds heavy load on the servers. My ISP claims that 1
newnews client equals 100 ordinary news clients.

--
Allan Olesen, DK
Posted from Agent - the best newsreader available for Linux.