Re: 2.2.3 rpm [was: Re: NNTPC: Wrong time in syslog]

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999 20:47:21 -0600, "Peter Mullarkey"
<peter@rocksteady.com> wrote:

>By the way, is there anything other than needing to copy in the
>rc.d/init.d script that makes the install using the RPM painful?

The differences I noted:

 - most of the documentation is missing.

 - files are not installed in the "correct" directories.

 - startup scripts are missing.

 - it is not obvious that sample configuration files need to be
   renamed (of course, to me it was, as I knew the names from the
   old version).

I think the first is the worst.

By the way:
Can nntpcache be configured to log on to a newsserver with password?

I plan to begin using news.cis.dfn.de instead of my isp's newsserver,
in order to be able to switch between isps. Unfortunately, this server
requires username and password.

--
Allan Olesen, DK
Posted from Agent - the best newsreader available for Linux.