Question on Initial Configuration

Hi Folks,

I'm looking at using NNTPCache to replace INN in the office, but my upstream
newsfeed/news server won't supply the overview.fmt, active, active.times or
newsgroups files that NNTPCache wants for initialization.

My news provider informs me that they won't supply those files because it
reduces the possibility of denial of service attacks. (I can see their point
considering the number of dweebs they provide news services to.)

However, I have manually downloaded the active and newsgroups files (for
INN).

Is there any way to make NNTPCache use these files to build its
database/cache so that I can get it up and running?

The other alternative is to find another news provider. Does anyone know of
a decent news provider not on the Telstra backbone?

Brett Robertson
Network Systems Administrator
Interim Technology Group Limited
Level 1, 493 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne Victoria 3004, Australia
Ph:  +61-3-92432222           Fax:  +61-3-92432244
brettrobertson@interim.com    http://www.interimtechnology.com.au

Transforming the way people work with technology with
PERFORMANCE - TEAMWORK - LEARNING - INNOVATION - INTEGRITY