have a start on a RPM for 2.3.3

Hi

I have made a start on building an RPM based on the 2.3.3 source,
that I'd be happy to contribute. As you may seen from my earlier
post, I'm pretty new to nntpcache and also building RPMs, but it
seems to install and run fine on my test machine (not where I built
it).

There is an issue that the chmods to news that get done on several
directories (e.g., /usr/local/var/nntpcache) aren't happening in the
rpm install. My current work-around is to just follow the rpm install
with a few cd/chmod commands (extracted from my output log
from the real nntpcache 'make install').

So two questions:
1) does anyone have any hints/pointers why the RPM doesn't do
the directory chmods? I expect that it has something to do with
permissions - the combination of who I am when I build the RPM
and who I am when I install it - but I have tried several of those
permutations - with no luck.

2) Is there a place I could/should upload the binary rpm?

thanks,

	-Peter

btw: There were a lot of warnings during the build (done on a
Redhat 6.0 machine) - that I haven't tried to track
down/understand/fix. I assume that they are basically noise but I
wanted anyone who might use the RPM to know that all I know.