Re: NNTPC: archive of 1999 posts?

"Peter Mullarkey" <peter@rocksteady.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I am new to nntpcache and have been trying to figure out a few
> things. I found the archive of the mailing list but it only covers 1998.
>
> Is there one for this year?

The entropy daemon hits! You loose group writability on the nntpcache-users
mail archive directory!

support.nl and a few other people run on-line web-based
nntpcache-users mailing list archives, which hany halfway-decent
web-search-engine should be happy to reveal to you.

> I want to learn how to package using RPM but given all the config
> files and exes I saw go by when I built and installed 2.3.2, it may
> be a bit much for me to start.

Well, if you take an older rpm as a start, it shouldn't be hard at all.

> Finally, I found nntpcache while looking for a caching/filtering app
> for nntp - similar to what I use squid for http on my firewall. Is there
> a better choice than nntpcache for this limited task?
>
> thanks in any case,

Well, I'm like completely, utterly biased :). But capable of being objective
even so. `of course not'.

Cheers,
Julian.