Re: NNTPC: NNTPCache statistics

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Albrecht Mueller wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm not sure if I simply missed the place where you described
> how to get statistical information from nntpcache.
>
> I do know how to get the magic article <stats@nntpcache>.

  This no longer does anything as of 2.3.3b3, in prior versions you just
request it like any article ID.  If you don't know the NNTP protocol, you
can request an article by ID via an URL:

> I do also know how to access the index.html file via the built
> in httpServer.

  Well, if you've set it up, you know how to accesss it, because the info
is all in the nntpcache.config file, including what port and it runs on.

> But I don't know how to customize the statistical information

  Look at the index.html file included

> and to reinitialize a statistical period.

  Stop nntpcache, remove nntpcache.stats, re-start nntpcache

> On http://www.nntpcache.org/ I found "NNTPCache has a built in
> web-server and macro language - ostensibly for displaying NNTPCache
> statistical information".
>
> How can I get more information about that?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Albrecht

> Dipl.-Inform. Albrecht Müller
>
> Fraunhofer-Institut für Informations- und Datenverarbeitung IITB
> NOC - Fraunhofer-Netzzentrum
> Fraunhoferstr. 1
> 76131 Karlsruhe
>
> Tel:  +49 721 6091 340