Re: NNTPC: expiry

Tom wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Martin Rheumer wrote:
>
> > My expiry doesnt seem to work.
> > The drive just fills up.
> > Running solaris 2.5.1 and a 2.5 Gbyte partition.
> > Anyone got any hints ?
> >
> > Martin
>
>   How big is your cache partition?  How much does it grow per day?  What
> is "maxArtAge" set to in nntpcache.config?
>
> Tom

I have the same problem (2 Gigs and maxArtAge 4d, now 2d).
kill -USR2 doesn't seem to work.
nntpcached -e works, but according to I think it was the faq it only
works when nntpcached isn't running (by the way, does this mean the main
process may no longer be running oder does this also apply to leftover
reader processes ?)

Isn't nntpcached supposed to automatically start expiry when
minBlocksFree is reached and throw out everything that is older than
maxArtDays ?
What happens if no articles are older than maxArtDays but free space is
still less than minBlocksFree ?

Hell, better throw out new articles than crash the cache due to full
disks.

Could some wise one please shed light on how expiry is supposed to work
?

Thanks,
Markus
begin:vcard