Re: NNTPC: 2 servers for 1 group

>  You want minBlocksFree set to as small as possible.  That way you can
>get as many articles as possible in the cache.  But you want to make sure
>minBlocksFree is big enough so that nntpcache doesn't run out space before
>expire removes anything.

Exactly :-)  However, as I said, nntpcache doesn't seem to do too good of a
job expiring on my system, so I'm trying to give myself a good buffer.
10Mblocks is only 5MB so we're not talking a huge amount here.

>  I don't think you have enough cache space for the type of reader volume
>you handle.

I don't have enough cache space for all the porn my readers are downloading
:-)

>  What is you cache efficiency, btw?  You might want to reset
>the stats when the cache is full, to see what your efficieny is like with
>a full cache.  I suspect that you are getting less than 20%.  Adding more
>drives to cache can often pay for itself.  I found that there is
>cache size threshold (depending on the size of your readership, and the
>amount of available articles on the home nntp server), after which
>efficiency starts to really improve.  I'm currently at 32%.

Hum, my stats appreas to be broken:

article <stats@nntpcache>
220 0 article <stats@nntpcache>