Re: NNTPC: Stable version?

Paul Gregg writes...
>It's been a year since I last looked at NNTPCache - back then there were a
>few problems with it - but I had a good stable version with V-1.0.7.1
>whcih included some patches from Aaron Nabil (the patchy patch) and a couple
>of hacks from myself.
>
>Anyway, I'm keen to look at nntpcache again and have been subscribed to
>the list forever (gatewayed to a local newsgroup) so I've looked back through
>the past 2 months of messages but don't see any mentions of stable releases.
>Is there such a beast?

I've been happy with patchy for the last year, but decided to make the plunge
since Julian made a couple recent releases and it looked like things had
quieted down a bit on the list.

There was one killer bug (at least) that in my mind would have precluded
any nntpcache-2 version from being called "stable".   It hasn't been
incorporated in any release yet, but it's withstood the first week of
proff scrutiny with no comment, always a good sign. :-)

I'd wait a while and see what develops.

--
Aaron Nabil