Re: NNTPC: hi/low watermark screwed in 2.3.3b3

Evan Champion writes...
>>Go look in your spool file directory for that group and see what the
>>highest and lowest article are.  If you have an article 377691, open
>>it up and see if it really belongs in alt.binaries.warez.
>
>I applied your patchset last night and after doing so I nuked the spool.
>Since then, I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

Oh, that's too bad.  I don't usually run article caching, but when I
was first turning up version 2 I did for a while and saw something
similar (articles being written to wrong groups).  The group command
scans the directory as well, so that would explain your problem.

At the time I chalked it up to general flakyness.  In retrospect it was
almost certainly the Task info getting overwritten.

>I'll keep an eye on it and report back the next time it goes nuts.

If you applied that most recent patchset, most likely you won't.  I turned
article caching back on after you mentioned your problem, and it hasn't failed
yet (before the fix it got badly corrupted in a matter of hours).

--
Aaron Nabil