Re: NNTPC: statistics ?

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Saskia Kriek wrote:

> Tom wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Saskia Kriek wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Is there already a patch for the article with the stats ?
> > > Are the changes suggested by Tom already applied ?
> > > Is there any documentation about how the stats are
> > > calculated ?
> >
> >   The article stats system is on the way out.  Use the the http stats
> > system.
> >
> > Tom
>
> I Use them, but I get a cache efficiency of -xx %
> Is this correct ?

  Possibly.  If you just started nntpcache with a fresh nntpcache.stats,
efficiency is always negative, because nntpcache starts off by doing LISTs
on all servers which transfers a lot of data, but no readers have
connected yet.  Server reader bytes is high, but client write bytes is
zero, which results in a negative efficiency.

> Saskia

Tom