Re: NNTPC: improved lo/hi behaviour

On Mon, Jul 27, 1998 at 09:00:23PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:

> This is only going to happen if you don't have an xover record for an article
> in cache which is highly unlikely except for expired xover records.

Upon reexamining the design, I'm tempted to move the new code from xover.c to
article.c and expire.c.  This is not because of the overhead from nntpcache
generating xover entries, but rather that in my original scheme, xover.c has to
do one open for each xover entry which seems rather unnecessary.

So what I'm going to do instead is for each articles cached, it'll create an
xover entry if there isn't one.  And when expiring, don't remove xover files
that *might* contain entries for cached articles.  I'll also add something
like build_history to build xover entries for cached articles that can be
accessed through some command-line option.