Re: NNTPC: improved lo/hi behaviour

On Sun, Jul 26, 1998 at 05:58:42PM -0400, Evan Champion wrote:

> Group returns:
>
> group alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc
> 211 40122 2249447 2297982 alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc
>
> The first article that xover returns is 2287104.  Interestingly enough, the
> first xover file is also 2287104_xover.

Now this means that if you ever got xover records before that, it wasn't
written to disk.  To see what's happening, can you show me the relevant
fromClient and toServer logs when you did get those xover records?

Of course, if this was merely because those xover records don't exist on the
remote server, then my next patch will fix that (and the fact that if a whole
range is missing, nntpcache will try over and over again to fetch it from the
remote server and not writing anything to disk if the remote server doesn't
have them).