Re: NNTPC: Requirements for nntpcache

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Peter Tonoli wrote:

> > Adaptec 2940 UW Controller
>
> I've heard differing opinions of the Acraptecs under Linux, my choice
> would be something from Mylex/Buslogic.

Adaptec have finally knuckled under and started supporting Linux.
The developers have now been given a lot of assistance and aic7xxx
support is even better than it was (and it's been pretty good since
2.0.25 or so)

Even so, for an array, I'd prefer to use a DPT smartcache raid
controller with 64Mb on the controller.

Linux problems only really seem to surface with glibc/libc6, and
they're being ironed out by various people on this list.

AB